The Fox is a fast, lightweight & SEO-friendly WordPress blog theme that helps you to build a unique and stand-out-in-a-crowd personal blog/news site easily. We offer helpful & top notch support after purchase.
Fox is updated regularly, the latest version is 4.7.1 (December 18, 2021). View the change log >.
Fox is compatible with WordPress 5.8, PHP 5,4+ 7, 8, Gugenberg editor, WooCommerce, Elementor (optional), WPML, Polylang, Yoast SEO, Instagram, videos from YouTube, responsive Google Ads and AdSense.
Fox is super easy to use. If you have zero coding knowledge, Fox is for you. With one-click installtion, you can choose among 20+ dedicated demos and make your site 100% same as demo within minutes. Plus, 1000+ options are designed so that you can adjust every little thing in your site or change the font face, color of every element. That makes Fox not only easy to use but also very powerful theme.
Quick look of all demos:
Times (Light & Dark & Elementor) | Original | Pine | Mia | Square | Elementor Times | Newspaper | Daniel | John | Brooklyn | Paper | Science | Medium | Clean | Commentary | Lifestyle | Times News | Smooth | Willow | Massa | Geometry | Nordic | Deodar | Interior | Fashion | Food | Travel | Vinsmoke | Mazed
WordPress 5.8 Compatible
Fox is compatible with WordPress 5.8, Gutenberg editor, widget editor and we’ll always assure theme compatibility with future WordPress versions. We also support Classic Editor for those who don’t like the Gutenberg editor.
One-Click Import Demo
All prebuilt demos are included in the download package and will appear in your backend after installing the theme. Choose any demo, click “Import” then wait for few minutes then your site will turn into 100% same as demo. If your site has content, you can choose to import theme demo style only to avoid redundant content.
Unstall demo is also easy by one click. You can switch one demo to another easily.
Superfast and Optimized for Performance
Fox is a fast WordPress theme with CSS, JS compressed by default, fully support WebP image for optimization. It’s compatible with WP Rocket, W3Total Cache, Autoptimized, WP Super Cache.
Fox or none of our WordPress themes collect any kind of personal data, like email, name or IP addresses.
Fox supports Dark Mode (Night Mode) and you can be more sustainable & save a little energy by turning your site into dark mode. View example >> (note that Times Dark Mode is only one example. You can apply this to all other demos)
Built-in Homepage Builder
Fox integrates a simple but yet powerful homepage builder so that you can add post blocks before or after your main blog posts. No additional plugins is required, it comes right in the Customizer panel. Here’s a short video how it works.
You can display post list, grid (2-6 columns), standard post block, newspaper block, post groups 1, 2… (here’s the full list). Not only posts, you can also display shortcode content, any widget like Newsletter Form, Google Adsense or Instagram Feed. For each layout, you have more options to control the details like grid column, spacing,.. thumbnail options, title options etc.
Fully Responsive & Mobile Friendly
Fox is serious with mobile version. We offer off-canvas menu that looks like popular websites such as Facebook, NyTimes.. New Yorker, ELLE.. with two different skins: light or dark. You can also set background image for your off-canvas menu like this >>. Everything is responsive: You can choose different ad images for mobile screen, smaller font size for text, smaller padding/margin for elements..
Fox supports custom mobile logo: You can upload mobile version of your site logo. By default, it’s text logo that’s very light-weight.
WooCommerce Shop Ready
Fox is a WooCommerce WordPress theme, compatible with WooCommerce 5.5.x. You can build an online shop within like this sample shop(DIY crafting shop) or this one (Tee shop). Shop + Sidebar can be set to left or right.
Unlimited Font Selection
With Fox, you can choose system fonts (Helvetica, Arial, Georgia..), any Google Fonts or upload your own font files.
Each Google Font, you can choose only necessary weights to optimize loading speed (many other themes load all weights that make your site heavier and slower).
If you concern third-party font service like Google Fonts, you can upload your own font files.
1,000+ Options – Design Anything
5 Header Layouts
- Stack 1: Navigation bar – Logo
- Stack 2: Logo – Navigation bar
- Stack 3: Search, Logo, Social – Menu
- Stack 4: Menu – Search, Logo, Social
- Inline: Logo Left – Menu Right
- Minimal Header with Primary Menu disabled.
Sticky header can be enabled/disabled.
Versatile Footer Layouts
9 footer layouts: Fox supports flexibly footer layouts:
- 1/4 + 1/4 + 1/4 + 1/4
- 2/4 + 1/4 + 1/4
- 1/4 + 2/4 + 1/4
- 1/4 + 1/4 + 2/4
- 1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3
- 2/3 + 1/3
- 1/3 + 2/3
- 1/2 + 1/2
You can align each column left, center or right to build your own footer with creativity. Also, light and dark skin with background color, image are supported for footer.
Fox is one of very rare themes that support Co-Author Plus plugin, that allow your post to have more than one contributor (i.e. multiple authors or multiple-contributors). You can set few authors for a post or even guest authors.
Multi-Single Post Layouts
Let’s be creative with your own blog! Fox includes 6 single post-layouts including HERO Big Cover Image in the header or Half Cover-Image layout. Plus, you can set narrow content width or stretch photo to the edge of screen. By that, you can convert your site into a mini-magazine by those super-impresive blog posts.
Here’s the list of post layouts:
- Layout 1: Thumbnail – Title – Content
- Layout 1b: Title – Thumbnail – Content
- Layout 2: [Title] – [Thumbnail] – [Content]
- Layout 3: [Thumbnail] – [Title & Content]
- Layout 4: Hero Full
- Layout 5: Hero Half (Dark and Light)
For live events like football match or an outbreak (Coronavirus, Forest Fire..), it has a label as “Live post” and the time indicator of latest update time. This feature is inspired by news sites like NyTimes, BBC, CNN.. See A Sample Live Post >>
7 Gallery Styles
- Image Grid gallery with options 2 – 5 columns. Sample post >>
- Masonry image gallery with options 2-5 columns. Sample post >>
- Carousel gallery. Sample post >>
- Stack Images. Sample post >>
- Image Slider. Sample post >>
- Metro gallery style. Sample post >>
- Rich-content slider (for fashion photos, like Elle). Sample post >>
Autoload Next Post
Create an infinite scroll for single posts to keep your visitors on site. When visitors reach to the bottom of single post, it loads a new post automatically. See the example post >> that has infinite scrolling enabled. For illustration purpose, it loads only 1 post but of course, you can enable it for all your posts.
This is a feature inspired by qz.com or elle.com
Built-in View Count – Most Viewed Posts (Weekly, Monthly..)
Fox integrates a simple post view counter but in a separated plugin. You may choose to install it or not. It counts post views by session so it’s pretty correct. It means refreshing the post 10 times in 1 minute still counts as 1 view. In each builder section or post list widget, you have option to display most viewed posts: all time, yearly, monthly or weekly.
Intelligent Related Articles System
Fox integrates related posts in few positions: after post content, bottom of single post or in footer sliding box. Related post source can be: same tags, same category, same author, latest posts, featured posts.
Plus, you can set priority for categories to indicate which category has higher chance to be shown and which cagory will be excluded from related posts.
Example of sponsored post >> You can change the sponsor label, name, image logo, image width and the sponsor URL.
Polylang Compabile – Multi-languages News Site
Fox is 100% compatible with Polylang so you can turn your site into a multi-languages site.
Quick Translation Panel
Fox supports more than 30 essential translation words right inside the customizer panel so you don’t need to install a third-party translation plugin. Words you can translate quickly in Customizer: More, Keep Reading, Read More, Previous, Next..
PHP 8 READY
Fox has been tested and and ready for PHP 8
Fox is coded with standard HTML 5 & CSS3 technique. We bring semantic into your code so that search engines like Google, Bing.. can read easily and understands what your site is about, where’s the headline, where’s the main image etc.
Text logo is default unless you want to use image. All headings H1, H2, H3.. are well orgazined as well as CSS, JS files are minified by default to improve site speed.
All Google Fonts are combined into single-call to load, and only necessary font weights are loaded.
BUILT-IN DRAG & DROP HOME BUILDER
Fox is a Page Builder WordPress theme with Drag & Drop Homepage Builder being integrated right in the customizer. You don’t need to install additional page builder. Choose among 11 layouts with options to customize each layout. Here’s the list of all possible layouts to choose from:
- Standard Post
- Grid: 2 – 5 columns
- Masonry: 2 – 5 columns
- Vertical Post
- Post Group 1
- Post Group 2
- Classic Slider
- Modern Slider
- Post Carousel
- Big Post
You can also play around with section heading, display sidebar left/right, display some banner/ad.
CONTROL EVERY SINGLE ELEMENT
Fox gives you total font control on each single element: general body text, heading, menu, logo, post title, meta.. 1,000+ options included and well organized, building a magazine yourself has never been more fun.
Here’s the full list of typography elements you can control:
- Body font
- Heading font
- Navigation first level
- Navigation dropdown
- Logo font
- Off-canvas mobile menu
- Section heading font
- Blog post title
- Blog post meta
- Standalone category (above post title)
- Single post title
- Single post subtitle
- Single post content
- Single label heading
- Archive title font
- Widget title
- Form input
- Block quote
- Drop cap (with Gothic font option)
- Image caption
- Copyright text
ELEMENTOR PAGE BUILDER
Elementor is a free page builder has powered more than 4 millions of WordPress sites. Fox is an Elementor WordPress theme and works well with Elementor and includes following builder elements:
- Post Standard Layout
- Post Newspaper Layout
- Post Grid Layout
- Post Masonry (Pinterest-like) Layout
- Post List Layout
- Post Vertical Layout
- Post Big Layout
- Post Slider Layout
- Post Group 1 (2 columns)
- Post Group 2 (3 columns)
- Author Grid/List
- Responsive Ad
SHOWING FRESH CONTENT BY UPDATED DATE
People always love up-to-date content. Fox allows you to display updated date instead of publishing date so that your site will look more fresh and attract both visitors and search engines.
Custom sidebar on homepage: You can choose to display sidebar between post sections. Put your ad, newsletter form, contact form, intro boxes or Instagram grid. Whatever you want.
Custom post type: Fox supports custom post type and custom taxonomy. Instead of showing standard posts, you can choose to display Book, Movie or any custom post type.
Non-duplicating posts: If a post appears in section 1, it won’t appear in section 2 even it’s in category 2. Your visitors will always being feed with fresh news.
Archive top area: In each category/tag, you may choose to showcase most viewed posts or featured posts of that category/tag in some manner: post group 1, group 2, vertical post, post grid.. View example >>
Individual category, tag options: Each category, tag has its own option set so you can display category A differently from category B. Category 1 is in grid layout, category 2 is in list layout. It’s ok.
- Post layout: grid, masonry, list, standard..
- Sidebar: Left, right or no sidebar
- Top area: layout for top area or disable.
- Category cover image. Example >>
- Sidebar selection: It means you can display different sidebars for different categories.
Built-in author options: Social profile URLs such as twitter, facebook, instagram, pinterest.. Fox allows you to upload author avatar and author cover image without installing additional plugins (note that other WP themes require a plugin to do that)
Advanced thumbnail options: You can choose over landscape, square, portrait thumbnail for your blog posts or enter your custom thumbnail size that right to you, eg. 720×400.
Thumbnail hover effect: Fox includes 4 thumbnail hover effects: Image fade, darken, brand logo hover or the first letter of post title. You can also choose not to use any of them.
Content width can be set to 1020px, 1170px or any number you want. Feel free to change the sidebar width too.
Mega menu: To enable mega menu, you just need to check to the menu item: Enable this. Very simple. Fox supports 2, 3, 4 column mega menu item.
Loads latest posts from category: You can enable this feature for category menu item in the back end, so that when your visitors hover a category menu item, it loads latest posts in that category.
Off canvas menu: Build a professional site with off canvas menu that opens by a hamburger button, like Facebook, Nytimes, Elle.. Fox offers off canvas menu with 2 different skins: Light and Dark. You can choose an off canvas menu that differs from your main header menu.
Text logo and image logo: Fox supports text logo with customizations like font face, size, color.. Text logo is practically good for SEO and is a simple solution if you don’t want to design an image logo.
5 Post formats supported:
- Standard post
- Video post: YouTube, Vimeo or any popular video service. You can also upload your own mp4 video file.
- Audio post: Spotify, Soundcloud or any popular audio service. You can also upload your own audio file.
- Gallery post: with 7 gallery styles
- Link format: Your post in blog can point to an external link
Automatic video thumbnail: Once Youtube or Vimeo video URL set for your video format post, Fox automatically pulls thumbnail from the video for your post.
Two column text: single column text or 2-column text layout.
Built-in light box: Fox integrates a beautiful light box.
Professional Image Align: You can choose to set each image in your post to be aligned wide (120px larger than the post content width) or fullwidth (to the edge of screen). Those options can be set for each image, each post or all posts.
Fox has a lot of ad spots you can use responsive banner ad or enter your own ad code, say Adsense. Each banner ad has option for desktop banner, tablet and mobile ad.
Here’re spots you can insert your ads:
- Before Header
- After Header
- After Logo
- Before each homepage builder section
- Before the main stream posts in homepage builder
- Main Sidebar
- 4 Footer Columns
- Before single post title
- Before single post content
- After single post content
- In a page if you use Elementor.
- About widget
- Image box
- Coronavirus data
- Instagram Feed (third-party)
- Facebook Like Box
- Pinterest Feed
- Responsive Ad (Banner or custom Adsense Code)
- Post List (Latest, Most Viewed, Best Rated)
- Author List
- Social List
- Mailchimp Form For WP (third-party)
- Header, Footer Logo
- Header, Footer Menu
Social Share: Fox supports share icons of all popular social sites. You can display share icons before, sticky along post or after the post content.
- Messenger (only rare themes support this)
(Note that Instagram doesn’t have a share button)
Built-in Coronavirus Data Widget included: With world wide spread of the Covid 19 pandemic, many sites now require a live update of the pandemic locally or globally. Since v4.4, Fox includes a built-in Coronavirus widget update with data from Johns Hopkins University, New York Times and Worldometers combined. See a live demo here >>. You can display number of total cases, new confirmed cases, total deaths from:
- Any country, say USA, France, UK, Italy, Spain, Germany, Russia etc
- Any continent, eg. Europe, Asia, North America etc
- Any U.S. State, eg. New York, California, Illinois, New Jersey etc
- And a table below with data from all countries around the world or all U.S states
With smart data cached you can set from 15 mins – 24 hours, it doesn’t slow down your site while the data is still up to date. This widget is EXCLUSIVELY included in The Fox theme and you’ll see it right after install the theme under Appearance > Widgets tab. Enter your own country/state. No further actions needed.
Compatible with essential plugins:
- Elementor page builder
- WooCommerce plugin for shop
- Contact Form 7
- Mailchimp For WP
- SEO Yoast
- Instagram Feed
- All in one security
- WP Rocket (premium)
- Lazy Load
- Loco Translate
- WP Super Cache and W3 Total Cache
- Human-reading time: 3 days ago, 19 hours ago..
- Sentence base: word or character
- Multi-site ready
- Cross browser compatibility: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE, Edge.
- Retina ready
- Support for multi page articles
- Child theme supported
- Reading time in post meta
- CSS, JS Compressed by default. However, you can select to load many individual files if you want for your own purpose.
- Show/Hide everything in your site.
- Most of options are local and global: ie. there’s an option for each single post and there’s an option in Customizer that applies for all posts.
- Font Awesome 5 icon list
- Custom header logo URL
- Upload default thumbnail in case there’s no thumbnail
- Custom post blog thumbnail, ie. you can set blog image that’s different from single post thumbnail.
Pine: A charming & sexy site for showcasing your beautiful posts having versatile image sizes.
Square: A super-clean magazine template with perfect grid ratios, modular typography and neutral tone.
John: A white and clean theme with square & grid layout, plus narrow content + wide images very suitable for telling stories.
Massa: Inspired by MIT Technology Review Magazine. This is a super clean & pure demo for writing purpose.
Newspaper: Newspaper style with grid masonry layout on posts and two-column text column for single layout.
Times News: Inspired by New York Times, LATimes, Independent, The Times UK. This is a very clean theme for newspaper with focus on readability.
Times Writer: Inspired by NyTimes and Medium.
Deodar: Hipster style. Yet simple & elegant. Vintage taste.
Fashion: Inspired by ELLE Fashion Magazine.
Commentary: Inspired by The Newyorker. This is best for Commentary Magazine, Satire, Poem, Illustration, Cartoon, Comics, Politics
Original: The original demo of The Fox with old-school style like a paper newspaper
Interior: Elegant design with light colors for Home Decor Magazines or Apartment Therapy Blogs.
Food: A clean food blog for food bloggers to share your recipes, dishes, cooking secrets and food photos.
Clean: It’s just a clean blog for writers who want a clean and highly-readable blog like Medium, Lifehacker, Gizmodo..
Geometry: Colorful WP demo for Tech, AI, Science, Geeks, Game, Fiction..
Travel: A demo for backpackers, travellers, travel bloggers or photographers who want a white, light & clean blog to tell greate stories.
Science: Inspired by Scientific American, the #1 science magazine. This is for science news, tech, biology, physics, chemistry, maths, artificial intelligence..
Smooth: Inspired by Kinfolk magazine, this is a demo for Arts and Portfolio.
Lifestyle: This demo is for fashion, chic, girls, minimalist bloggers
Fox offers dedicated & comprehensive online documentation you can access quick & easy.
UPDATE AND SUPPORT
Once purchased, you have LIFE TIME updates. Update can be done automatically within single-click by using Envato Market plugin. See how to update the theme >>
We offer great support & friendly help at withemes.ticksy.com
REAL CUSTOMER REVIEWS
HOW PEOPLE USE THE FOX
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE?
- Installable WordPress theme file
- All premade demos with one-click import.
- All necessary plugins
- FREE lifetime updates even when support expired.
- 6 months support by default (or 12 months if you choose).
- Direct support by theme author
- Online Theme Documentation
Version 4.7.1 – December 18, 2021
- feature: Times Writer Elementor demo - feature: Mazed demo - feature: custom image design for icons: hamburger, search, scroll.. - feature: titlebar user width - feature: update fontawesome icon fonts (to v5.15.4) - feature: add tiktok icon - feature: social icon spacing support - feature: animation for offcanvas elements - fix: Elementor list thumbnail align right - fix: single navigation placeholder thumbnail missing - fix: darkmode minor issues - fix: the offcanvas menu hash open for any hash - fix: comments visibility when discussion off - fix: partial content padding issue - fix: static/fixed header mobile
Version 18.104.22.168 – November 02, 2021
- fix: solid category style when having multiple categories - fix: visibility issue for sections - fix: circular thumbnail blink issue on safari - fix: .gallery-caption disabled in classic editor - fix: heading center + separated link overlaping on mobile
Version 4.7 – October 20, 2021
- feature: Vinsmoke demo - feature: Mia demo - feature: dark mode - feature: creative thumbnail layout for blog masonry - feature: single post layout 6 - feature: standalone category solid style - feature: grayscale, sepia thumbnail hover effect - feature: custom thumbnail hover overlay color - feature: placeholder image for post group 2 big post - feature: option for static header mobile - feature: option for excerpt in place of subtitle - feature: different sidebars for different pages: single, archive, category, author.. - fix: fox_get_attachment_image() for audio thumbnail - fix: section visibility issue on mobile - fix: wp menu in wordpress.com - fix: coauthor plus top area - fix: woocommerce shop page options - fix: titlebar user color issue
Version 22.214.171.124 – July 22, 2021
- make it compatible with WP 5.8
Version 4.6.9 – July 19, 2021
- option: post group 1 excerpt length - option: live in small posts, grid layout - option: priority for categories to set primary category of post - option: updated recently - fox framework: autoplay option for slider in Elementor - fox framework: big post excerpt - fix: progress bar lower edge of header now showing up stack classic layout - fix: default off-canvas padding - fix: one click install plugin conflict
Version 126.96.36.199 – June 16, 2021
- fix: hero post meta author - fix: co-authors plus guest author link - fix separator issue on landscape-mobile - fix: post group 1 small post title size on mobile
Version 188.8.131.52 – May 31, 2021
- fix: coauthor guest author name issue
Version 4.6.8 – May 26, 2021
- Medium demo - option: author avatar size - option: excerpt color - option: post group 2 title size - option: post group 2 spacing - post group 1 ratio in builder & new ratio: 1/2 - post group 1 spacing - option: progress bar at lower edge of navigation bar - shortcode on navbar - fix: article small spacing on mobile - fix: sticky header doesn't work issue - fix: co-authors plus author avatar - fix: website for post author social link
Version 184.108.40.206 – May 19, 2021
- increase category list to 300 in metabox - update related query exclude cats in post list widget
Version 220.127.116.11 – May 12, 2021
- fix imagetext width issue on mobile layout image left. - fix issue of number in archive count dropdown widget - support shortcode for video and audio field - hide format column classic editor - add the filter "fox_related_query_args" to modify related_query_args - exclude cats in related post, single bottom post
Version 18.104.22.168 – March 22, 2021
- fix: social icon rel attribute - fix: import elementor demo homepage set up
Version 4.6.7 – March 22, 2021
- feature: few more off-canvas menu options - feature: related post title size - feature: full hint list of options for easy access - elementor: upgrade the Fox Elementor Addons plugin to have more features - elementor: list index option - elementor: author list 5 columns - elementor: El-Times demo + template - elementor: thumbnail caption option - elementor: thumbnail/text order option - elementor: blank page template to build elementor pages
Version 22.214.171.124 – March 15, 2021
- fix issue duplicated name of co-authors plugin
Version 4.6.6 – March 13, 2021
- PHP 8 compatible - WP 5.7 compatible - Customizing > BLOG > Homepage Layout to exclude sticky posts and featured posts - Fully compatible with Co-Authors Plus plugin - Option to display publishing/updated date - fox_blog shortcode
Version 126.96.36.199 – March 06, 2021
- improvement: instagram 3 columns on mobile - improvement: mobile logo to only src to full meta data - fix: post__in order when include only posts in query - fix: table-caption issue on firefox - fix section duplication issue (multicheckboxes)
Version 188.8.131.52 – February 17, 2021
- fix single image thumbnail issue
Version 184.108.40.206 – February 16, 2021
- fix urgent issue get_transient to define demos that being called instead of cached
Version 4.6.5 – February 02, 2021
- heading separted link in builder - footer column padding option - fix: footer social icon background issue - feature: imagetext widget
Version 4.6.4 – February 01, 2021
- feature: allow to use shortcode in user description - feature: support Just Now, Time Ago in translation - feature: option to uninstall demo content - fix: import widgets - fix: layout padding when sidebar left - fix: excerpt length in single footer sliding dock - fix: thumbnail components in related posts - fix: sidebar slug with space - fix: sliding posts thumbnail - fix: instagram margin top/bottom - remove left arrow of slider on mobile
Version 4.6.3 – January 08, 2021
- feature: allow to add widgets into Off-canvas menu - fix: Twitter embed issue on Firefox, Safari - fix: main menu hover issue - fix: option to enable/disable Keep Reading text for big post - fix: instagram margin issue - fix: lightbox image caption for single image - fix: before header/after header sidebar disapper on mobile. move <div id="masthead-mobile-height" /> to top inside <div id="masthead" /> - fix: a lot of validation issues
Version 220.127.116.11 – January 07, 2021
- improved: modal search animation - improved: get import set cached - fix: remove redudant mediaelement dependency from css, js - fix: fitvids question mark issue - fix: image size issue of About widget - fix: hamburger color issue transparent header - fix: outline button color issue post slider 1
Version 18.104.22.168 – December 07, 2020
- feature: add single footer sliding box title size & excerpt option - fix: (FOX) Instagram widget not working - fix: archive double parenthesis issue - fix: subtitle position - fix: primary area padding right 0 when sidebar left
Version 22.214.171.124 – November 17, 2020
- add: woocommerce product alignment option - add: option to disable separator between standard posts - add: translation for live word - fix customizer color option doesn't work after adding section - fix mobile icon colors for navbar dark skin - fix woocommerce cart ajax issue - fix woocommerce update cart quantity buttons
Version 126.96.36.199 – October 30, 2020
- add: Pine demo - fix: author avatar image quality - fix: align option for the builder slider 1 - fix: site border on mobile layout
Version 188.8.131.52 – October 26, 2020
- fix envato market wrong link issue - fix linkedin social icon issue
Version 4.6.2 – October 16, 2020
- feature: add Massa demo - feature: co-authors integration in a basic level - feature: media & text of gutenberg opens lightbox - feature: more link align standard posts - feature: authorbox widget - feature: more modal header search options - feature: more pagination styles - feature: index on post list widget - feature: spacing between standard items - feature: slider navigation style Square 3 - feature: suggestion text translation - fix: category in related posts work wrong - fix: post hero half dark skin button - fix: thumbnail align doesn't work for post list widget - fix: background *webp doesn't work on safari - fix shop page description shows twice - fix: components multi-checkbox in homepage builder always show default - fix: standalone category boxed style doesn't work - fix: accent color doesn't work - fix: $comment_form_default_fields hook missing in comment_form - fix: page layout 2 $params issue - adjust: caption margin top from 20px to 10px
Version 184.108.40.206 – October 02, 2020
- fix: update to v3 -> v4 without checking wi_ mods - feature: add single tags align option
Version 4.6.1 – September 30, 2020
- fix: big post excerpt size option - fix: gallery grid thumbnail - fix: gallery rich slider arrows (fashion) - fix: social icons missing - fix: ad link full - fix: galery image caption in lightbox (classic gallery) - fix: polylang issues - fix: primary/sidebar float when empty - fix: excerpt word wrap issue - fix: builder heading no text gap issue - fix: slider1 default arrow issue
Version 4.6 – September 21, 2020
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: if you're using Fox + Elementor, you must go to Dashboard > Fox Magazine > Install Plugins to update the Fox Elementor Addons plugin to v1.3 - feature: allow to add site border in wide layout - feature: allow more next/prev styles for sliders - feature: post carousel - feature: option to choose social icon shape (light/square) - feature: option to choose search/cart icon style: smooth or sharp - feature: built-in mailchimp newsletter widget with advanced layouts - feature: more layouts for header area - feature: navbar stretch, navbar height - feature: logo area background, padding options - feature: spacing option for social icons - feature: design options for list widgets & tag cloud - feature: footer bottom layout/element - feature: more options for footer social icons - feature: footer instagram widget - feature: footer newsletter widget - feature: more instagram widget options - feature: circle shape for text scroll up - feature: typography option for copyright text - feature: post standard title font size - feature: improve social share style - feature: much more options for single hero posts - feature: subtitle position option (after title or before content) - feature: option for show/hide tag label - feature: option for order of elements after single post content - feature: more single post navigation styles - feature: standalone category styles - feature: allow to use transparent header for single post hero full (ie. single layout 4) - feature: allow builder heading without text - feature: option for a line between 2 widgets - fix: homepage builder or admin js/css scripts cached - fix: Single post side dock thumbnail width - fix: fox_blog_related( newspaper ) - fix: customizer radio/image_radio fields - fix: 1st standard thumbnail issue - fix: title size missing for big post - adjust: border for related posts is back - adjust: change tooltipster theme - adjust: add fox_sidebars into theme_mod instead of option so that it can export it easier - deprecated: Fox lazyload removed completely - deprecated: author avatar no longer grayscale on blog - deprecated: instagram old version by only username
Version 220.127.116.11 – September 03, 2020
- fix: customizer js issue when WITHEMES_ADMIN not available
Version 4.5 – September 03, 2020
- highlight: redesign the homepage builder, lighter, more flexible - highlight: improve site performance/optimization significantly - feature: add compatibility to WordPress 5.5.1 - feature: add "fox_blog" shortcode - feature: related posts in the sidebar - feature: tag, include option in widget latest posts - feature: Review position top/bottom - feature: Add option for caption alignment - feature: Option to disable theme Lightbox (Customize > Miscellaneous) - improve: replace images in css by webp images - improve: font swap for better performance - fix: $rendered_articles not array, blog-template43.php line 907 - fix: jQuery deprecated scripts issues - fix: issue Instagram not showing up - fix: lightbox issue - deprecate: remove lazy load feature - deprecated: Best Rated and Most Viewed widget. Please use (FOX) Post List instead
Version 18.104.22.168 – August 15, 2020
- fix: jQuery Migrate issue of WP 5.5
Version 22.214.171.124 – August 14, 2020
- fix: post view counter register_route issue
Version 4.4.4 – August 13, 2020
- highlight: card layout for blog layouts (grid, masonry, list, standard) - highlight: more layouts: 1st post + list, 1st post + grid - highlight: modern slider height option - highlight: allows left/right/alternative thumbnail position for blog list - highlight: hand-drawn lines - highlight: header transparent option - added: compatible with WP 5.5 - added: polylang support for 404 page message - added: allow to set body background on wide layout - added: allow all primary menu levels depth - added: list thumbnail position in builder - added: allow share icons for standard blog in the builder - improve: remove live text from grid, list, masonry layout - improve: the colorful social share icons - fix metabox tabs issue in the backend (jetpack stats) - fix: word count for other languages
Version 126.96.36.199 – June 04, 2020
- feature: option for enabling excerpt...
Version 4.4.3 – June 03, 2020
- feature: add option for wrapper box padding - feature: option to show/hide thumbnail on post list widget - feature: post group 2 medium thumbnail size - feature: non-duplicate post option for top area archive page - fix: hero post scroll button not align center - fix: cancel reply fix typo issue - fix: add missing words for Polylang
Version 188.8.131.52 – May 26, 2020
- fix standard layout live indicator issue - fix polylang issues
Version 4.4.2 – May 21, 2020
- feature: grid border between grid/masonry items - feature: author list widget author avatar shape, color, separator option - feature: border sep between sidebar & primary area - feature: improve about widget with lot of options - fix: sidebar padding mobile issue - fix: the bug can't delete user avatar/cover image
Version 184.108.40.206 – May 13, 2020
- fix ad not showing issue
Version 4.4.1 – May 12, 2020
- post vertical excerpt size option - improve a media embed like Spotify, Tiktok.. - add "fox_final_params" hook for final parameters - add "fox_thumbnail_final_params" hook for final thumbnail parameters - add center text position option for hero full post - Fix: post big "keep reading" link - Fix: thumbnail hover effect, shape for vertical post, post group 1, 2 - Fix: classic slider show/hide components - Fix: all videos, medias.. wider than content for single post - Fix: the ad issue when image upload then removed, ID no longer exists but ad still showing - Fix: gallery caption issue - adjust: move minimal logo option for single post to logo section to make it easier to find - adjust: color of new cases in Coronavirus update widget
Version 220.127.116.11 – May 01, 2020
- fix post slider arrows issue - fix Instagram widget Elementor issue - option for woocommerce cart on header or off the side
Version 4.4 – April 29, 2020
HIGHLIGHTS - CUSTOMIZER SEARCH functionality - HOMEBUIDER DRAG & DROP to reorder builder sections - Allow to use widgets in builder section - Home builder layout: Post Modern Slider - Commentary Demo - Lifestyle Demo NEW FEATURES - add option for builder section content narrow - header sticky height - header navigation background option - builder section responsive visibility: ie. now you can hide some sections on tablet/mobile - header stack 4 - header menu active style - builder section ad responsive visibility - add a few more quick translation words: Live, Comment form words - Page title align option in page settings for each page - builder heading border color option - widget (FOX) Image box - more post standard options - mobile logo height opiton - footer sidebar column text align option - footer sidebar margin, padding, border options - single post padding top option - header cart icon for woocommerce - thumbnail stretch container option ADJUSTMENTS - adjust: default header stick height to 40px. you can change it in Customize > Header Layout > Sticky Header - adjust: sticky header background opacity from 95% to 100%. you can change it in Customize > Header Layout > Sticky Header - adjust: improve post standard design (margin, padding, spacing) - adjust: button outline & fill are now 1px border instead of 2px - adjust: increase the tablet screen breakdown from 782px to 820px to support iPad 7th gen - adjust: subtitle now between title and meta (as before 4.3) - adjust: thumbnail index more beautiful for post widget small thumbnail FIXES - fix: header navigation border default value - fix: sticky post order descending error - fix: post group 1 border issue - fix: header shadow none - fix: tablet screen breakpoint to 840px to compatible with iPad 10" - fix: section builder ad code align center - fix: page title align by adding align option for each page - fix: section builder heading small size too close to the line - fix: sep border color post group 1 - fix: default thumbnail not working issue - fix: import sidebar missing - fix: import post type error - fix: gallery bigger than content global option DEPRECATIONS - deprecated: main stream order. replaced by section drag/drop reorder feature
Version 18.104.22.168 – April 17, 2020
- fix the issue checkbox can't be saved in single post back end.
Version 4.3 – April 17, 2020
- homepage builder: non-duplicate posts option - homepage builder: more post layout options: masonry, vertical, standard, newspaper - homepage builder: section design option: color, background, border - homepage builder: more heading styles - homepage builder: more heading options: size, color, align - homepage builder: custom query option - homepage builder: supports custom post type taxonomy query - homepage builder: option to include/exclude multi-categories - homepage builder: option to include multi-authors - homepage builder: banner ad option for tablet/mobile - homepage builder: allow to use sidebar for each section - homepage builder: allow to display shortcode in each section - header: new stack 3 layout - header: social size, social style options - header: heavy shadow for header sticky - header: sticky header logo - header: allow to disable primary menu - header: option for hamburger button - footer: footer bottom, footer widgets custom color - footer: footer sidebar vertical align - footer: disable footer logo option - blog: supports grid 5 cols, masonry 5 cols for archive layouts - blog: thumbnail showing effect - blog: more options for each blog type: group 1, group 2, slider, vertical.. - post: "live post" feature for breaking news - post: post hero dark skin - post: option to disable scroll down button for hero posts - post: minimal header logo height for hero posts - post: single post, top banner - post: allow to display related posts after both content and sidebar - post: support stretch wide and full for each individual image - post: query options for footer sliding box - post: allow to display featured posts in related posts, bottom posts, footer sliding box - design: block quote quote icon, alignment - design: design option for caption text - design: add drop cap font option, Gothic font - design: design options for subtitle - widget: 2, 3 column option for author grid widget - general: update google font list - general: built-in user avatar option - improve: overall design - improve: off-canvas menu design - improve: post group on mobile design - improve: social share - improve: mega menu item load on hover to improve site speed - improve: Recommend Instagram Feed plugin due to Instagram policy changes - improve: No longer requires Elementor - improve: Sidebar 2 columns on tablet for better responsive display - improve: post group on mobile - improve: contact form button - improve: hero post design - improve: CSS Sass structure - fix: can't disable header sticky - fix: alt tag for image logo - fix: drop cap issue when first letter is not in <p> tag - fix: review display when no review criteria - fix: empty metabox value in classic editor - fix: lightbox gallery issue - fix: sidebar missing when import demo - fix: woocommerce number of related products - deprecate: lazy load due to lack of consistence. supports third-party lazyload plugins